Last year in travel


Hi there! Wow, guys, it's been a year (well, a bit longer actually!) that I live in the Czech Republic. 

If you happen to follow me on this blog or Instagram, you probably know that last year I moved from Russia to the Czech Republic (and if you don't, I wrote a blogpost where I talk about what I've been through recently, it's here if you fancy).

When I moved here I thought I'd be able to travel more. Well, I don't travel as much as I would like to, but somehow I managed to visit some places this past year. But since I've been absent from here and haven't posted in a while, I thought that it would be fine to share some places that I visited and at the same time to remind myself of all the good things I've seen.
I managed to visit some places outside Czechia, but also I had a chance to travel within the country. I honestly adore Czech Republic with its cute small towns, parks, palaces, and castles in the middle of nowhere. And if you haven't been here, I urge you to visit this beautiful country and see places outside Prague! But we'll get there a bit later, and now to the first city of my year of travel :)

Milan, Italy



Last November I had a chance to see Milan. It was a dream of mine, and my Mom and I have been planning this trip before all the chaos that happened in our family. So even though I was thrilled to see her and Milan was pretty, it was quite a sad trip to both of us only a month after my Dad passed away.


However, we still enjoyed walking through the city, stopping by for a pizza and pasta and spending time together. I am proud to say that my Mom is also my friend and a great travel companion.
Although I hope to see Milan again someday, without constant rain and with a better mood.

Prague, Czech Republic


Prague remains my favorite city ever since the first time I saw it in 2015. Now that I live in two and a half hours away, I can visit it more often, which I am very happy about :) I still explore it myself and fall in love more and more every time I'm there.
But what I intend to say is that Prague is much more than the Prague castle, Old Town square, Petřín tower, and trdelník. I know that these places are a must for a tourist, especially on their first visit for a couple of days, but try other places too! The last time I've been to Prague, I discovered Karlín district with its gorgeous architecture and plenty of coffee shops, and I loved it. Or walk through a huge Stromovka park, see Holešovice district, visit Vnitroblok and one of the coolest museums of modern art - DOX. Prague has a lot to offer!


Třeboň, Czech Republic


Třeboň is a tiny town surrounded by ponds in the south of the Czech Republic. It is very cute. Look at those tiny colorful houses! I happened to be there in February and the weather was great for walking and exploring.
It's a pretty typical Czech town: there is the main square, cathedral, town hall tower, palace and there you have it. Although they also have a shelter for rescued animals, a couple of museums and a gorgeous tomb in neogothic style.
Oh, and a brewery!


Dresden, Germany


Dresden is my first (and so far the last) German city where me and my Mom went the day before my birthday in April.
This picture above that I took in the morning, reminds me of a smell of fresh breakfast served in a cafe next to us. We went there from Prague for only a day and went straight to the old town, which is gorgeous. I am in awe of this architecture, and spending a day there with my Mom was the best possible last day of being 21 :)
The old town is quite small, and since it was the Easter weekend and shops were closed, we weren't so content in the evening.


But we got to see the Old Master's Gallery and I can absolutely recommend it if you're into classic art.


Lednice and Mikulov, Czech Republic


Those are two places I've been dreaming to see for a long time. Which is kind of weird as they're literally an hour away from the city where I live. But somehow I still got there unplanned, thanks to my friend who woke me up at 9, asking if I want to go there with them (because she knew I wanted to!)
Lednice is a small town in South Moravia with one of the most beautiful palaces I've ever seen. It's surrounded by gorgeous gardens and a pretty greenhouse. If you're ever around - stop by, you will not regret it!

Mikulov is another small town near the Austrian border and it's one of those places that remind you of a fairytale. It's honestly one of the most beautiful towns I've ever been to and it's magical!


I hate hills and everybody knows that, but this one was 100% worth climbing. It's an absolutely amazing place and I will definitely visit it again!

Montenegro


Montenegro was my vacation with a vitamin sea this summer and it was beautiful! We lived in a small town (or village, I'd say) Sutomore and visited a few other seaside places. While editing photos for this post I found out that I have a million pictures from Montenegro but never made a blogpost, so most probably it will be on WayInspire later.
I loved the cuisine there, wonderful nature, beautiful clear sea, and friendly people. We visited Budva, Ulcinj, and Bar and it was a nice change of environment and culture.



Znojmo, Czech Republic


Znojmo is yet another small town in South Moravia, full of red roofs and beautiful views and landscapes. South Moravia has a lot of wineries as it's a winery region, and in Znojmo you can get some good wine or, if you're there in September or October, you can enjoy the place with a glass of burčák - new half-fermented wine (and that's exactly what we did!)


South Moravia truly surprises me every time I explore something new. I didn't expect Znojmo to be this pretty. And for sure I didn't expect to see something like the next place in my list literally in the middle of nowhere.

Buchlovice, Czech Republic


Buchlovice is a tiny village somewhere in the south of Moravia with nothing else to see basically, but this palace. There is also an old castle up the hill (ugh, wasn't really worth it) but this you want to see. Again, it's surrounded by huge green gardens that are great for walking and enjoying nature. It's an hour and something away from Brno, but we got very lucky to get on a crowded bus and traveling this entire hour standing.

Mallorca, Spain

Mallorca is the most recent place that I visited in October. I've actually done a post about the trip here. It was really nice to enjoy some last bits of summer near the sea even though it wasn't that warm. We got really lucky with our Couchsurfing, the pretty good weather and the trip overall was wonderful. 


That's it! As I mentioned before I hoped to travel more but looking back I see that this list is quite enough, although you can never have too much traveling, right? :)

Over to you: do you travel a lot? Where have you been recently? :)

[ Create an account and get $26 off your first Airbnb trip here! (Works only for new Airbnb users) ] *affiliate
xx, D

Instagram